FALL ORNAMENTS





Oh man! It's already quite cold outside and around 4 pm totally dark, but what can I say...I love fall here! I really love seeing all the wooden houses with the lights on and with lots of lighted candles placed on every window, it's so cozy!

We are spending a lot of time indoors these days, our afternoons are basically coffee, music, candles and blankets. Yesterday I spent some time hand sewing some cute fall ornaments to hang around the house! The two leaves are made from an Ikea fabric I bought some time ago (which I also used to make this cactus pincushion), unfortunately I just had enough to make a couple of them, wish I had bought more! The two little chestnuts are super simple and easy and I love how they turned out! I think I might sew some more today.

We don't celebrate Halloween, well we did last year but just because we were in the US and it felt natural, but this year we will celebrate La Castanyada, which is the All Saints festivity of our home country, Catalunya. It consists basically on eating chestnuts, sweet potatoes and panellets (delicious small cakes) with the loved ones. We are very excited cause Albert's parents are coming tomorrow from Barcelona, so I think it will be a great weekend!

I'm still deciding where to hang up the ornaments, I keep changing them from one place to another, but probably the window is my favorite spot. What do you think?

Hope you guys have a great weekend, specially those who celebrate something, whether it's Halloween or not!

Hugs!

Ingrid



17 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I think I would leave them in the window. They're more likely to be noticed there. Against the open window people will be able to notice and admire them. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cute! I like the arrangement on the windowsill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so sweet! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I would love to make some similar for our christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty. I love decorating for fall. Visiting from Whatever Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great idea! so cute!! I would do a twig tree in a awesome looking container and hang them on there..or your window! I would love to have you link up with me on my blog if you get a spare moment this week! Party is live Monday night-saturday :) Have a wonderful week!
    jess
    http://www.liverandomlysimple.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. it seems like that you have become a sewing professional:) Frankly speaking, all the ornaments are so creative and beautiful. yeah, i think you can hand them on windows and doors back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is absolutely brilliant! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Post and written in a very simple and impressive Content, Thanks for sharing Atal Tinkering Lab

    ReplyDelete