AROUND THE WORLD BLOG HOP

Hello there! Today I'm participating in the Around the World Blog Hop! I'll be answering four questions and then, I'll ask three other bloggers to do the same. I've enjoyed reading the answers of many bloggers I follow and today I'm quite thrilled, as it happens to be my turn!

I was invited by Maryse from Maryse Makes Things, she's such a talented lady, so go and check her work! I'm quite in love with the two quilts she's working on!

For those who are new here, first off welcome to Sewing Lab! I'm Ingrid! Fabric is my big passion and I love to experiment with it! I started Sewing Lab as a creative journey in order to share my projects, learn and connect with other people! I'm from Barcelona but I moved to Norway few months ago. Before of that, I lived in California for nearly two years, so as you can tell, it's been a huge change, but I'm loving the experience!

What am I working on? 




I recently finished a quilt top that now needs to be quilted. I love this quilt so much! It has so many special fabrics and different textures. I've been contemplating it for a couple of weeks, while deciding the perfect backing for it and now I'm totally ready to start the quilting fun. I'm planning to make a matching bolster cushion cover, but I want to see the finished quilt first!


I'm also working on a baby quilt! I had on hand a fat quarter bundle of the fabric line Storybook, in the pink colorway that was calling for my attention. As the line is clearly girly and infantile, I decided to start a quilt for a baby girl. I have almost all the stars done and I just need to sew some borders to separate the star blocks from each other a little bit. I think this one is gonna be quite cute with its castles, air balloons and clouds, can't wait to see it finished! :)


I'm almost done with the pattern/tutorial for my Little Mouse baby quilt! I've spent lots of hours working on it, drawing, testing and writing, so hopefully it will be available by the end of the week! I've also included templates and instructions for the little guy above, cause I adore it!

I'm slowly preparing a tiny room in our new apartment to be my studio. Lately I'm obsessed with the idea of hand printing fabric, sewing with my own fabric designs has been a long time dream of mine and now it seems to be a bit closer. These days I'm spending time just figuring out all the materials I need, the cost of it all and how to fit everything in the tiny room. I think it's gonna take a while, but I'm so excited about it!

How does my work differ from others of its genre?



I like to think that everyone's work is special in some way. Sometimes maybe we aren't even conscious, but in every decision and stitch we make, we create something that is unique and that we love. In my case, I think my work is constantly evolving and it feels good, because it means I'm learning and trying new things every day. I love to make sweet and warm quilts and also other fun sewing projects! It always makes me smile when I think that all the things I do are made out of just two ingredients: fabric and love! :)

Why do I write/create what I do?

Well, I think my head would explode if I didn't! It's really important to make what makes one happy and for me, this means spending time surrounded by fabric. I do all the projects I do because it means the world to me, I'm the happiest when I'm planing and working on something new.

How does my writing/creative process work?

Normally I have way too many ideas in my mind, I write to do lists everywhere and actually sometimes I feel bad because the work I get done is just a little fraction of the things I want to do. I wish the day had more hours! Normally I work in two or three projects at the same time and when I get stuck in one of them, I leave it for a while and move on to the others. Apart from to do lists, my creative process also involves a lot of crazy drawings, until I decide to finally go for it. And then, I normally change everything up again in the last minute!

Choosing fabrics is quite an instinctive (not random) process for me. Normally I don't make projects where the fabrics are sewn together randomly, I need to carefully decide where each fabric goes. I think that even if I really wanted to make a totally random project, it wouldn't work out! (I really need to try it someday though!)

I find inspiration everywhere, in every quotidian moment. I love to make things that will add beauty to those moments and that will make us feel better in our everyday.

Now I'm gonna keep the ball rolling! The there bloggers I've tagged are: Ann from anniemac original, Manu from i ManuFatti and Kimberly from Robot Mom sews! They will be posting next week, so make sure to stop by their blogs!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Ingrid

8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post and see what you are working on, everything looks so pretty, the colors are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading about your creative processes! Your baby mouse quilt has been one of my all time favs! I can't wait to see your pattern release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Increïble Ingrid!!! Ets una crack! M'encanten els quilts que estàs fent! Una abraçada molt forta des de Califòrnia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracies Estel!!! Us trobo molt a faltar! Aviam si fem un skype un dia d'aquests i em poseu al dia de com van les coses! Un peto bonica!

      Delete
  4. Wish you best of luck with your questions and answers and I know you’re going to inspire everyone as you have inspired me with your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its an amazing piece of work. Your designs are unique and the color combination is simoly awesome. I would love to buy few soon. May be i will also do some aort of designing after seeing this article.

    ReplyDelete